* [9fans] Re: Grammar
       [not found] ` <070b01c382ed$30acd900$b9844051@insultant.net>
@ 2003-09-25  1:12   ` Wilyarti Howard
From: Wilyarti Howard @ 2003-09-25  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: boyd, rounin; +Cc: 9fans

Aha! Good to see some spirit! No need to prove yourself I know perfectly
well whom you are and what you have achieved. It is just that some of us
like to start sentences with the odd capital. In my opinion using
expletives to express your feeling of frustration to the exactness of my
point does nothing to your argument.

To your question of weather I speak an other languages? Well for one I
speak Bahasa Indonesia, and the local Aboriginal language
Pitjantjatjara. What I do find rather confusing is your reference to the
"last laugh". I find Telstra's/Bigpond's performance as an ISP quite
high, for they are able to deliver high-speed Internet to isolated parts
of Australia.

I think someone can't operate their mail client or themselves are signed
up to a "big-pile-of-pus" because they sent me the same e-mail three times.
My apologies for upsetting you but I am Australian and I like to see
standards upheld. Also email also spelt e-mail is correct, so please
pick up your dictionary and have a look for yourself.

By the way, there is also no need to forward my e-mail with your reply
to 9fans. I might just CC mine.
Have a nice day.

-wilyarti

boyd, rounin wrote:

>fuck you very much.
>
>grammar?  i speak english and french fluently.
>i know some swedish, which works in countries that
>have languages of germanic origin.  i spoke/read
>japanese some 10 years ago, after 5 years of study.
>
>don't try 'old english' with me.  thou seriez enculer, baka yaro!!
>
>i have the last laugh, 'cos you're signed up with big-pile-of-pus (aka telstra).
>
>speak/read anything but english?
>
>mail - it's a plural noun.  so 'e-mails' is just wrong.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  9:23     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2003-09-25  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"does nothing to your argument."

what language?  or should i ask "from nothing of you argument
do you mean".  boyd can explete you, in my humble opinion.
and yes, i have taught remedial english i have no need for
caps in e-mail.

brucee
> Aha! Good to see some spirit! No need to prove yourself I know perfectly
> well whom you are and what you have achieved. It is just that some of us
> like to start sentences with the odd capital. In my opinion using
> expletives to express your feeling of frustration to the exactness of my
> point does nothing to your argument.
blah  blah

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
                         ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-09-25 11:41       ` matt
From: matt @ 2003-09-25 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i think you meant your 'descendants' helped settle australia.

I think you both mean antecedents.

Your decendents are your children.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  9:32     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2003-09-25  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"don't desert unlike some"

hey, when i worked at the labs was i deserter?  not at all.
would i do it again?  sure.  bondi beach was 30C today,
rather warm for spring.  the water temp is only 18 tho.

if you don't like aussies working at the labs then i hope
you are not using venti.

brucee

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:49           ` George Michaelson
From: George Michaelson @ 2003-09-25  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:42:44 +0200 "boyd, rounin" <boyd@insultant.net> wrote:

> > synapses? hah! we have perceptrons here..
>
> yeah, but yer in bloody QLD, right?

I'd reply, but it takes 20 years for anything sensible to come out of QLD into
the real world...

-George

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:49         ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> yup, that's hyusterical.

fait chier!  hysterical.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:42         ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-09-25  3:39         ` Wilyarti Howard
From: Wilyarti Howard @ 2003-09-25  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

boyd, rounin wrote:

>>decedents
>>

>yup, that's hyusterical.

I can see your going to drag this out aren't you?

-wilyarti

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:36       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> decedents

yup, that's hyusterical.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:35       ` George Michaelson
From: George Michaelson @ 2003-09-25  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

synapses? hah! we have perceptrons here..

"confectionist modelling, the sweet smell of AI success..."

-George

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:33       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > decedents

oh i see now, 'cos i just got the reply.  it's 0530 in paris and red has been
drunk.

hell, that's some of story behind acme.

rob: the car/bobf thing i apologise for, it was a bad time for me, but you were
gracious.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:32         ` Wilyarti Howard
From: Wilyarti Howard @ 2003-09-25  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

boyd, rounin wrote:

>>>decedents
>>>

>>i laughed out loud when i read this.  i think you meant your
>>'descendants' helped
>>settle australia.
>>

>what idiot wrote that?  i don't think i wrote it.
>
>musta been one of my nemeses (that's the plural, right?).
>
>it is pretty fuckin' funny ... oh god no, he's used alliteration.

No Boyd, you didn't, I did in a hurried e-mail. I must remember to check
them next time.

-wilyarti

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:31     ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-09-25  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Sep 24 22:31:01 EDT 2003, boyd@insultant.net wrote:
> > Luckily I have a copy of Macquarie at hand.  Perhaps Boyd has been using
> > one of those inferior British or American dictionaries...
>
> nah, i been usin' synapses ;)

You have synapses?  I wish I did.  My neurons communicate by shouting.  It
gets pretty noisy in my head.  Some times all six of them are shouting at
the same time.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:29       ` Wilyarti Howard
From: Wilyarti Howard @ 2003-09-25  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

boyd, rounin wrote:

>>I most probably meant "whether",  as to the question of whom you are I
>>couldn't really care further than you are arrogant and have a great love
>>of buzz words.
>>

>shock, horror, you made a _mistake_

Yes the defining characteristic of a human.

>>Who cares if your a 6 generation Australian, to my knowledge you are
>>living in Sweden.
>>

>nope, not in sweden.  i'm so glad you're so well informed.

Err, I said to my knowlegde. It was someone else whom said you where is
Sweden, that was some time ago.

>>I am a 7th generation Australian, my decedents were
>>some of the first to settle here. But I still stay loyal to my country
>>and don't desert unlike some.
>>

>"Who cares if your a Nth generation Australian"
>
>    my country right or wrong -- the 'oils
>
>is that it?
>

>>I don't care too much about your comments about Telstra either, and I
>>won't bother to argue anymore over it. I have no interested in mindless
>>arguing, my original request was for you to take your own medicine and
>>take some criticism over your grammar.
>>

>which prooved in your reply, that you don't have a clue.
>
>let's go beavis and butthead:  telstra suck.

No, being 15 I believe I don't. But time will heal.

>>I have nothing further to say, although I am sure you will reply with
>>some more expletives and misguided insults and negative comments.
>>

>have you read 1984?
>
>hey shithead, in france there is 'la liberté d'expression' very much like the
>US 1st amendment.  the libel/defamation laws in oz are a joke.
>
>ever read 'the justice game' by geoffrey robertson?

No, can't say that I have. 1984 came before myself.

>>Have a nice day, I really mean it. But with a web page name such as
>>insultant, a g'day from yourself seems unexpected.
>>

>no you don't.  don't bullshit me.  no one in oz says 'have a nice day'.

No, they don't.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:29       ` boyd, rounin
                         ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-09-25  3:21     ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I most probably meant "whether",  as to the question of whom you are I
> couldn't really care further than you are arrogant and have a great love
> of buzz words.

shock, horror, you made a _mistake_

> Who cares if your a 6 generation Australian, to my knowledge you are
> living in Sweden.

nope, not in sweden.  i'm so glad you're so well informed.

> I am a 7th generation Australian, my decedents were
> some of the first to settle here. But I still stay loyal to my country
> and don't desert unlike some.

"Who cares if your a Nth generation Australian"

    my country right or wrong -- the 'oils

is that it?

> I don't care too much about your comments about Telstra either, and I
> won't bother to argue anymore over it. I have no interested in mindless
> arguing, my original request was for you to take your own medicine and
> take some criticism over your grammar.

which prooved in your reply, that you don't have a clue.

let's go beavis and butthead:  telstra suck.

> I have nothing further to say, although I am sure you will reply with
> some more expletives and misguided insults and negative comments.

have you read 1984?

hey shithead, in france there is 'la liberté d'expression' very much like the
US 1st amendment.  the libel/defamation laws in oz are a joke.

ever read 'the justice game' by geoffrey robertson?

> Have a nice day, I really mean it. But with a web page name such as
> insultant, a g'day from yourself seems unexpected.

no you don't.  don't bullshit me.  no one in oz says 'have a nice day'.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  3:19     ` Rob Pike
                         ` (3 more replies)
From: Rob Pike @ 2003-09-25  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> decedents

i laughed out loud when i read this.  i think you meant your
'descendants' helped
settle australia.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  2:47   ` Wilyarti Howard
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Wilyarti Howard @ 2003-09-25  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I most probably meant "whether",  as to the question of whom you are I
couldn't really care further than you are arrogant and have a great love
of buzz words.
Who cares if your a 6 generation Australian, to my knowledge you are
living in Sweden. I am a 7th generation Australian, my decedents were

boyd, rounin wrote:

>this is really OT, but it's me.  anyway, if you wanna do this pissing contest
>let's take it of 9fans -- they don't need it.  choate V2?
>

>>Aha! Good to see some spirit! No need to prove yourself I know perfectly
>>

>spirit?  well i was gonna attach an image, but as i was typing this i realised
>that no-one on 9fans wants a 165Kb image dumped in their mail file.
>i could give a url, but that would spoil the fun.
>

>>well whom you are and what you have achieved. It is just that some of us
>>

>well who [grammar]
>
>monsieur zero knowledge proof.  who am i?
>

>>like to start sentences with the odd capital. In my opinion using
>>expletives to express your feeling of frustration to the exactness of my
>>point does nothing to your argument.
>>

>nope, lower case does it fine.
>

>>To your question of weather I speak an other languages?
>>

>err, don't you mean 'whether'?
>

>>Well for one I speak Bahasa Indonesia, and the local Aboriginal language
>>Pitjantjatjara. What I do find rather confusing is your reference to the
>>"last laugh". I find Telstra's/Bigpond's performance as an ISP quite
>>high, for they are able to deliver high-speed Internet to isolated parts
>>of Australia.
>>

>telstra are an outrageously, incompetent quasi-monopoly.
>

>>I think someone can't operate their mail client or themselves are signed
>>

>someone who [grammar]
>

>>up to a "big-pile-of-pus" because they sent me the same e-mail three times.
>>

>nah, that's a mailing list bug (i think).
>

>>My apologies for upsetting you but I am Australian and I like to see
>>standards upheld. Also email also spelt e-mail is correct, so please
>>pick up your dictionary and have a look for yourself.
>>

>so what?  i'm 6th generation australian (which disprooves your claim that 'I
>know
>perfectly well whom (sic) you are ':  do you want my gold NSW driver's licence
>number?  my passport number?
>
>you won't get 'em 'cos it's bad security.
>

>>By the way, there is also no need to forward my e-mail with your reply
>>to 9fans. I might just CC mine.
>>Have a nice day.
>>

>go right ahead.  you wanted to 'play' so 'get in the ring'.
>
>you sent it.  now it's mine, posted to 9fans and blogged.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  2:03 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-09-25  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-09-25  1:22 Wilyarti Howard

> Could you please include grammar in your e-mails, 'tis extremely
> annoying when someone presses on about spelling, when they do not
> understand the first thing about English grammar.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -wilyarti

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  1:01   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Luckily I have a copy of Macquarie at hand.  Perhaps Boyd has been using
> one of those inferior British or American dictionaries...

nah, i been usin' synapses ;)

but it is a good dictionary.

i'm sure it has:

    boofhead [without the labs pronounciation]

    buggery [in the #! exec code in 9th Ed, written by brucee, but removed at
the request of dennis]

no dictionaries there ;)

* Re: [9fans] Re: Grammar
@ 2003-09-25  0:54 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-25  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-09-24 23:16 boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-24 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wilyarti Howard; +Cc: 9fans

fuck you very much.

grammar?  i speak english and french fluently.
i know some swedish, which works in countries that
have languages of germanic origin.  i spoke/read
japanese some 10 years ago, after 5 years of study.

don't try 'old english' with me.  thou seriez enculer, baka yaro!!

i have the last laugh, 'cos you're signed up with big-pile-of-pus (aka telstra).

speak/read anything but english?

mail - it's a plural noun.  so 'e-mails' is just wrong.

oh yeah, i can read a bit of russian too.