* [9fans] new 8c
@ 2004-03-16 21:55 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-03-16 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've improved the vlong support in 8c.

The missing ops are in, load/store optimizations,
and things like add, sub etc. aren't function calls.

A simple test (summing a large array of random
vlongs) shows a factor of 3 speed up on my
machine (braindead PII) so maybe I haven't been
just wasting time.

It's not ready for public consumption yet but I
have thrown a copy at presto and jmk.

I'll put it on my web-site in a few days.
Reading x86 assemb, let alone generating it is
starting to get to me.

brucee

* Re: [9fans] new 8c
@ 2004-03-16 21:56 ` Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2004-03-16 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I've improved the vlong support in 8c.

Brucee, you're my hero.

* Re: [9fans] new 8c
@ 2004-03-16 22:09 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-16 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Reading x86 assemb, let alone generating it is
> starting to get to me.

did you run out of ice?

* Re: [9fans] new 8c
@ 2004-03-16 23:08   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-03-16 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ahh, i forgot that edf.c was vlong bound.  you'll be
glad to know that i get a factor of 6 in a complex
expression - they tend to cluster around vlongs.

brucee
> ahh, i forgot that edf.c was vlong bound.  you'll be
> glad to know that i get a factor of 6 in a complex
> expression - they tend to cluster around vlongs.

I am, I am!

	Sape

* [9fans] new 8c
@ 2004-05-02  1:15 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-05-02  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

update to vlong 8c at ...

http://www.chunder.com/plan9/

thanks to jmk (and others) for testing.

brucee

* [9fans] new 8c
@ 2004-04-07  2:26 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-04-07  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

here is an 8c with native vlong support. comments welcome.

http://www.chunder.com/plan9/

brucee