* [9fans] bundle format
@ 2004-11-24  6:58 Tiit Lankots
From: Tiit Lankots @ 2004-11-24  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Why are the here documents in a bundle delmitited with
	//GO.SYSIN DD filename ?
It looks like IBM's job description language to me.

Tiit@curious.but.still.alive

* Re: [9fans] bundle format
@ 2004-11-24  7:14 ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2004-11-24  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I wrote bundle.  I'd see the text used as a separator in some other tool,
perhaps one written by James Gosling.  I'm not sure which.  But in
any case, you want text that isn't likey to appear in your regular text,
and JCL is a pretty good candidate for 'unlikely'.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] bundle format
@ 2004-11-24  7:33 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-11-24  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

not that it's any great feat, but:

    http://www.insultant.net/repo/bundle.html

when i have a new conract i try as much as
i can to plan 9-ify it.