* Re: [9fans] diskWriteRaw failure when booting MP
@ 2004-01-07 14:38 g.pavelcak
From: g.pavelcak @ 2004-01-07 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I did see a message about pcirouting on boot. I'll look for that next
time.
The disk controller is a Tekram. I'm not sure about either of
these numbers, but I think the model is a 390U2W and it gets reported
as 53c81010. The motherboard has a built-in Adaptec controller, which I
disabled in the BIOS.
I don't know about the BIOS MPS option, but I'll check.
I have a FreeBSD system I can get running in a few minutes if that
will be helpful.

Thanks for the reply.

Greg

@ 2004-01-07 13:28 Greg Pavelcak
From: Greg Pavelcak @ 2004-01-07 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a dual processor Supermicro P3TDE6 mobo with 2 1 GHz P III. I had an install from
a downloaded cd working, and I did a replica/pull, made a kernel and rebooted successfully.
The problem occurs when, in an attempt to get both processors working, I remove *nomp=1
from plan9.ini. Under those circumstances, boot hangs after login at the '/bin/rc' notice.
After about 5 minutes, I get:

	diskWriteRaw failed: date -- (I didn't record the date format)
	part=3 addr=0: i/o error

Here's my plan9.ini.

bootfile=sd00!9fat!9pcf
bootargs=local!#S/sd00/fossil
bootdisk=local!#S/sd00/fossil

partition=new

*nomp=1

mouseport=ps2
monitor=multisync110
vgasize=1280x1024x16

I was able to recover by booting from cd and putting '*nomp=1' back in.

Any clues greatly appreciated.

Greg