* Re: [9fans] 9.ps (was:Hi together | a few newbie questions)
@ 2002-12-17  8:57 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-12-17  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There's also a pdf version.
http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/who/nemo/9.pdf.gz

Regarding html, you already have a text version (for acme)
if you want to. It's 9.txt.gz at the same place.

* Re: [9fans] 9.ps (was:Hi together | a few newbie questions)
@ 2002-12-17 23:12 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-12-17 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> The advantages of the wiki format would be:
> * easy updating by anyone who can examine a particular bit of kernel code
> * up-to-date version is always the one read (especially if the chapters
> are seperately downloadable - those of us on dial-up connections might not
> want to download the entire 1500K for an updated version that fixes a
> spelling error, but smaller sections would be manegable)

My recent experience with the Wiki pages tells me that the
"Kernel Notes" shouldn't be trusted to wiki and group editing.
There are very few people on this list that could reasonably do
the updates that it seems Wiki-fying is counterproductive.
There is plenty of raw information (including the kernel source).
What saves everyone time is knowing that a trusted authority has
written the commentary with a coherent classification of functions.

* [9fans] 9.ps (was:Hi together | a few newbie questions)
@ 2002-12-17 21:50 Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2002-12-17 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The advantages of the wiki format would be:
* easy updating by anyone who can examine a particular bit of kernel code
* up-to-date version is always the one read (especially if the chapters
are seperately downloadable - those of us on dial-up connections might not
want to download the entire 1500K for an updated version that fixes a
spelling error, but smaller sections would be manegable)

Can a simple parser be written to turn the raw text into wiki pages?

--Joel
Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of
the tunnel has been turned off.

* [9fans] 9.ps (was:Hi together | a few newbie questions)
@ 2002-12-16 22:05 Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2002-12-16 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Clemens Fischer wrote in mesage: <el8jjkwg.fsf@ID-23066.news.dfncis.de>
> can't you just put it up in HTML?
Or Wiki syntax - possibly with rc scripts to convert paragraphs, etc
properly a la a2ps