* [9fans] Re: awk stuff
       [not found] <200309071253.h87Cr41R009888@skeeve.com>
@ 2003-09-08 10:25 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-08 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aharon Robbins; +Cc: 9fans

> Definitely finish getting it to compile/load/run.

it runs, but is buggy.  hardly suprising given i had to Bio-fi it and
write popen/pclose/system and some nasty stdio-ish hacks to
avoid diverging too far from the original.

* Re: [9fans] Re: awk stuff
@ 2003-09-08 10:52 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-08 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> BWK's home page has the code from the awk book in it; that could
> be massaged into a regression test suite medium easily.

oh cool.

> I put the original 9906 awk tar ball at
>
> http://www.skeeve.com/awk-9906.tar.gz

thanks.

* [9fans] Re: awk stuff
@ 2003-09-08 10:40 Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2003-09-08 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: boyd; +Cc: 9fans

> From: "boyd, rounin" <boyd@insultant.net>
> To: "Aharon Robbins" <arnold@skeeve.com>
> Cc: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
> Subject: Re: awk stuff
> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:25:44 +0200
>
> > Definitely finish getting it to compile/load/run.
>
> it runs, but is buggy.  hardly suprising given i had to Bio-fi it and
> write popen/pclose/system and some nasty stdio-ish hacks to
> avoid diverging too far from the original.

BWK's home page has the code from the awk book in it; that could
be massaged into a regression test suite medium easily.

I put the original 9906 awk tar ball at

	http://www.skeeve.com/awk-9906.tar.gz

You can do a diff of that against BWK's current, whenever you're
ready, and you won't have to wait for me.

Arnold