* Re: [9fans] undocumented fs config options?
@ 2001-05-10  6:00 nigel
From: nigel @ 2001-05-10  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

They might, but I'm confused. Why would I want to sync
to the German signal when I can use the UK signal?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2041 bytes --]

From: "Boyd Roberts" <boyd@planete.net>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] undocumented fs config options?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:31:40 +0200

From: "Nigel Roles" <nigel@9fs.org>

> The configuration I use is an ARC Galleon Rugby clock receiver
> connected to the cpu server, a small daemon to read the clock
> and set the rtc, and sntpd to serve time to whomever requires it.

do they sell the oregon scientific clocks in the uk?  they're the
one's which are synched with an xmitter in germany.

they cost nothing and should be easily converted to do the job.

then again, there's the TAC.

* Re: [9fans] undocumented fs config options?
@ 2001-05-10 19:46 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-05-10 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: <nigel@9fs.org>
> They might, but I'm confused. Why would I want to sync
> to the German signal when I can use the UK signal?

you probably wouldn't.  i was thinking more genrally.
IIRC that xmitter has a 1600km range from frankfurt.

* Re: [9fans] undocumented fs config options?
@ 2001-05-10  5:31   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-05-10  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: "Nigel Roles" <nigel@9fs.org>

@ 2001-05-09  7:30 ` Nigel Roles
From: Nigel Roles @ 2001-05-09  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I believe the sntp option is also undocumented....

If you enter the config

ipsntp <address>

the fileserver will periodically set the clock from an sntp server
running on the machine with the given address. This allows
a variety of clock sources to be used, rather than relying on
something attached to the fileserver.

@ 2001-05-09  4:10 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-05-09  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans