* [9fans] there's enough old guys here who might know this
@ 2005-05-24 16:40 Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2005-05-24 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm looking for a picture of a digital-to-analog converter once sold on a
card for the PDP11. Said DAC was manufactured by DEC, and had in large
type on it:

DEC DAC

which is why I want the picture. No joy on google, let me know if you ever
saw one and have a picture.

DEC was, no question, a company with a sense of humor, before it all went
bad.

ron

* Re: [9fans] there's enough old guys here who might know this
@ 2005-05-24 17:18 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2005-05-24 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Basser had a DEC DAC (right Boydo?).  But that was 25 years ago
and it has probably been thrown out a long time ago.

There may be a copy of the manual in the C-Side Technical Library
(in Sydney).  I won't be able to check for a while.  Maybe someone
listening in can follow this lead.

brucee

@ 2005-05-24 17:32   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2005-05-24 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Basser had a DEC DAC (right Boydo?).  But that was 25 years ago
> and it has probably been thrown out a long time ago.

not that i recall, but i guess it's possible.
--
MGRS 31U DQ 52572 12604

* Re: [9fans] there's enough old guys here who might know this
@ 2005-05-24 17:36     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2005-05-24 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I wrote a standalone driver for a PDP11/RK/DAC thing that was
in the unnamed room between G4 and the machine room if that
jogs the memory.

brucee

@ 2005-05-24 17:46       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2005-05-24 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I wrote a standalone driver for a PDP11/RK/DAC thing that was
> in the unnamed room between G4 and the machine room if that
> jogs the memory.

nope, but we didn't hook up till '82 or so, so it was probably before my time.
--
MGRS 31U DQ 52572 12604