* [9fans] webcookies translator?
@ 2003-06-12 16:22 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2003-06-12 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Just before I write one, has somone got a cookie translator that
can convert IE6 cookies into plan9 webcookies format ?

I want to use hget for an internal site that needs a
cookie to authenticate me.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] webcookies translator?
@ 2003-06-12 16:30 ` matt
From: matt @ 2003-06-12 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>Just before I write one, has somone got a cookie translator that
>can convert IE6 cookies into plan9 webcookies format

can't help you there

>I want to use hget for an internal site that needs a
>cookie to authenticate me.

god forbid anyone should use http authentication

* Re: [9fans] webcookies translator?
@ 2003-06-12 16:35   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-06-12 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

cookies are such a bad idea.

* Re: [9fans] webcookies translator?
@ 2003-06-12 17:36 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-06-12 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I usually copy the cookies out of lynx's cookie file.
I don't remember how, but I remember it being
straightforward.

The IE cookies look straightforward too, though
I'm not sure about the last few numbers in each
batch -- you could get away with making up
ages yourself, I bet.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] webcookies translator?
@ 2003-06-12 17:47   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-06-12 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

documented protocols, anyone?

* Re: [9fans] webcookies translator?
@ 2003-06-12 17:51     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-06-12 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the protocol's documented.
the internal data file formats for ie are not.
(the one for webcookies is.)
surprised?

i can't fault them for not documenting
one of their internal files in a system that
isn't meant for users to be looking at those
files anyway.

* Re: [9fans] webcookies translator?
@ 2003-06-12 17:58       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-06-12 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i can't fault them for not documenting
> one of their internal files in a system that
> isn't meant for users to be looking at those
> files anyway.

well i can.  even when they do document stuff it's written in a style of:

    - it does X
    - except in the case of Y
    - it does not X

X & Y are verbose to the point of unintelligibility.

so you just gotta figure it out :(