* Re: [9fans] DHCP in version 4
@ 2002-07-30 13:30 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-07-30 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

uncomment the line

	ip/ipconfig

in /rc/bin/termrc to start a dhcp client
at boot time.

* Re: [9fans] DHCP in version 4
@ 2002-07-30 13:40 ` Brian Hancock
From: Brian Hancock @ 2002-07-30 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly.  A silly mistake about
ip/httpd/httpd sorry.  Everything's working now.
Regards,
Brian

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> uncomment the line
>
> 	ip/ipconfig
>
> in /rc/bin/termrc to start a dhcp client
> at boot time.

* Re: [9fans] DHCP in version 4
@ 2002-07-30 23:45   ` matt
From: matt @ 2002-07-30 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly.  A silly mistake about
> ip/httpd/httpd sorry.

I think the quick response it's testament to the ease at typing ip/httpd

and recognising that disk/kfscmd allow didn't cure mine either

both times

:)

* Re: [9fans] DHCP in version 4
@ 2002-07-30 13:22 ` matt
From: matt @ 2002-07-30 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I upgraded to version 4 from 3 but find that DHCP is not started on boot
> like version 3.  The ethernet card is seen:
> #l0: elnk3: 100Mbps port 0xD400 irq: 11: 000102EB8BE4
> I've also noticed that when I try to start the httpd, I get the message:
> access permission denied even though I've disk/kfscmd allow.
> When I drop back to version 3 everything works.
> Have I missed something.  Thanks,
> Brian

it's not ip/httpd
its ip/httpd/httpd