* [9fans] Old (hardware) are hard to break
@ 2003-09-10  2:46 northern snowfall
From: northern snowfall @ 2003-09-10  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hey all,
	I picked up a HP Apollo PA-RISC 1.1 workstation
at UMich recently. I just simply could not pass up the
opportunity to snag this machine for $25. I only have
one problem. The workstation is in Graphic mode and
expects a 3BNC monitor and a HIL keyboard attached in
order to access the boot prom. Once in boot prom, I
can alter boot conditions to switch over to the
serial console.
	I expected to find these items at my local
universities, knowing most of the sysadmins around
town. Unfortunately, I'm finding that these small Unis
have bailed on this hardware. Recently.
	Does anyone have access to this hardware and
want to throw it to someone that will actually use
and study it? If so, email me privately.

Have car, will drive
Don

P.S. The website will be back up soon. Yes the projects
haven't stopped progressing. Thanks for your emails
and queries regarding updates.

http://www.7f.no-ip.com/~north_