* [9fans] samterm: plumb read error: interrupted
@ 2002-10-14 22:28 Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-10-14 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hi,
almost all times after using Sam for editing some file(s) I get the following
error message:

samterm: plumb read error: interrupted

and I get shell prompt only after hitting DEL.
what that means? how disposes of this messages?

thank you

-kyxap

* Re: [9fans] samterm: plumb read error: interrupted
@ 2002-10-21  9:07 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2002-10-21  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Andrey S. Kukhar wrote:
> almost all times after using Sam for editing some file(s) ...
> samterm: plumb read error: interrupted
> and I get shell prompt only after hitting DEL.

This sounds much like the race condition I tracked down
and stamped out (by introducing a positive acknowledgment
between the two processes at termination) in the old UNIX
version of sam.  Maybe some similar hack would fix it.

* Re: [9fans] samterm: plumb read error: interrupted
@ 2002-10-22  1:30 ` Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-10-22  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thanks a lot for the help [and not so fast response :)]

-ask

@ 2002-10-21 14:07 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-21 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans