* [9fans] Keyboard compose with MacOS drawterm
@ 2004-06-16 23:34 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2004-06-16 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is there a way to get 'alt' key compose functionality working with the
MacOS drawterm? I have X11 configured to pass treat the 'command' key
as the ALT modifier, and this works with other programs, but drawterm
seems to ignore it. I.e. pressing CMD-a generates a plain 'a'.

--lyndon

* Re: [9fans] Keyboard compose with MacOS drawterm
@ 2004-06-17  2:22 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-06-17  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Is there a way to get 'alt' key compose functionality working with the
> MacOS drawterm? I have X11 configured to pass treat the 'command' key
> as the ALT modifier, and this works with other programs, but drawterm
> seems to ignore it. I.e. pressing CMD-a generates a plain 'a'.

Drawterm is hoping for XK_Alt_L or XK_Alt_R.
Maybe you are sending XK_Meta_* or XK_Super_* instead?

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Keyboard compose with MacOS drawterm
@ 2004-06-17  2:44   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-06-17  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Drawterm is hoping for XK_Alt_L or XK_Alt_R.
> Maybe you are sending XK_Meta_* or XK_Super_* instead?
>
> Russ

in addition to the above, there's a source (perhaps old?) for drawterm
around which doesn't have the latin1.c file and doesn't know what to
do with alt key combinations.  if that's the source used to compile
the MacOSX binary then it may need some minor modifications in
devcon[s].c and xkeyboard(), plus the addition of latin1.c.

andrey

* Re: [9fans] Keyboard compose with MacOS drawterm
@ 2004-06-17  3:08     ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2004-06-17  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

don't know about drawterm, but the other stuff works fine if you use the
apple thingy as the compose key.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] Keyboard compose with MacOS drawterm
@ 2004-06-17  3:10       ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-06-17  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> don't know about drawterm, but the other stuff works fine if you use the
> apple thingy as the compose key.

only problem i have is that Alt-Gr [compose] sometimes needs
a space after the char, otherwise i get peter.