* [9fans] drawterm linux
@ 2004-07-30 17:14 rog
From: rog @ 2004-07-30 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i just tried to use the linux version of drawterm (as downloaded from andrey mirtchov's site
) and all seemed to work ok (i.e. the login worked) until the session died immediqtely after
saying "postnote 2!". anyone know of a fix for this?

(i'd try to investigate myself but i'm on someone else's computer, and it's got an
azerty keyboard which is most frustrating!)

  cheers,
    rog.

* RE: [9fans] drawterm linux
@ 2004-07-30 17:22 ` Frank Palazzolo
From: Frank Palazzolo @ 2004-07-30 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs'

FWIW - I had the same problem a month ago, when working from over the
internet from Florida to Michigan.  Auth would succeed, Rio would start to
run, and then it would die right around the time the rc window would come
up.  On my local LAN I haven't seen this.

-Frank

* Re: [9fans] drawterm linux
@ 2004-07-30 17:51 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-07-30 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> saying "postnote 2!". anyone know of a fix for this?

i used to see this and i think it's related to some
sort of routing problem, but then i swapped
ISPs and i don't see them anymore.  they
would occur after the session had been
established quite a while (i use the windows
drawterm).

given, in your case it dies, so quickly maybe
you have some blocked port by your ISP.

i looked at exportfs.c and "postnote 2!"
happens when there's an error during
exshutdown().  this would be indicative
of a protocol/routing problem.

> azerty keyboard which is most frustrating!)

you get used to it, but it's dreadful to code on;
all the special characters are in the _worst_
places.