* [9fans] Script review please
@ 2001-05-14 12:13 matt
From: matt @ 2001-05-14 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello 9fans,

  I'm using ftpfs to log into my work ftp
  it kicks me off after a while and ftpfs -k doesn't work for me.

  I've written a script to keep the connection open which I call with
  my login script so that it stays logged in while I'm logged in.

ftpfs -m /usr/matt/bc ip.addr.ess
{
        while (test -r /proc/$pid) {
                # use date so the cache doesn't interfere
                echo `{date} > /usr/matt/bc/thedate
                sleep 50
        }
        rm /usr/matt/bc/thedate
        unmount /usr/matt/bc
} &

  any criticisms, comments or better ways of doing it?

--
 matt                          mailto:matt@proweb.co.uk

* Re: [9fans] Script review please
@ 2001-05-14 12:45 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-05-14 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: "matt" <matt@proweb.co.uk>

>   I'm using ftpfs to log into my work ftp
>   it kicks me off after a while and ftpfs -k doesn't work for me.

it's the remote end killing the connection after 15? mins.

won't an ls on the mount point suffice?