* [9fans] change to mk
@ 2004-03-03  7:42 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2004-03-03  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've sent a patch (which should be in /n/sources/patch IIRC) to make
mk use $MKFILE as its mkfile when there is no mkfile in the current
directory.

I've done this after discovering that I had lots of mkfiles which just had
< $home/lib/skel/mkrules
inside. Now I can't leave without it, since I can go to a directory with a .ms
and run mk without creating such a silly mkfile there.

hth

* Re: [9fans] change to mk
@ 2004-03-03  7:50 ` Anastasopoulos S
From: Anastasopoulos S @ 2004-03-03  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Fco.J.Ballesteros wrote:

> I've sent a patch (which should be in /n/sources/patch IIRC) to make
> mk use $MKFILE as its mkfile when there is no mkfile in the current
> directory.
>
> I've done this after discovering that I had lots of mkfiles which just had
> < $home/lib/skel/mkrules
> inside. Now I can't leave without it, since I can go to a directory with a .ms
> and run mk without creating such a silly mkfile there.
>
> hth

Why you changed the source of mk and didn't use a script like

if test -f mkfile
	mk
if not
	mk $MKFILE

call it mk and put it in your /bin?

Spyros

* Re: [9fans] change to mk
@ 2004-03-03  7:56   ` Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2004-03-03  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Why you changed the source of mk and didn't use a script like
>
> if test -f mkfile
> 	mk
> if not
> 	mk $MKFILE
>
> call it mk and put it in your /bin?

I do such wrappers when I feel that the change is useful just for my
preferences. However, I tend to modify the original program when
I think that both the change does not break or clutter the program
and that most of our local users would like it too.

Of course, if in the future nobody but me is using that, I'll revert to
the orginal program and use a wrapper instead.