* [9fans] question about plan9.ini
@ 2003-08-12 16:10 r.szczesnyCUTETHIS
From: r.szczesnyCUTETHIS @ 2003-08-12 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I have realtek 8029 adapter and I  have  some problem with this (from
plan9.ini(8)

type=TYPE [port=N] [irq=N] [mem=N] [size=N] [dma=N] [ea=N]

Could you tell me how can I get this mem,  and size values from my
adapter ?I would like to add that my diagnostic program gives me
only informations about port and irq. and of course the type is
ne2000.

greetings,
R.Sz.

* Re: [9fans] question about plan9.ini
@ 2003-08-12 17:58 ` jmk
From: jmk @ 2003-08-12 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ah. There was a separate 8029 driver at one point, but I see it was never
included in the source tree.

In the meantime you can ignore the 'mem' and 'size' values (they both default
to 16KB) and see if it works, e.g.

	type=ne2000 port=N irq=N

If the default 'mem' and 'size' are wrong, the card should be recognised but
you will get error messages on the console beginning with 'dp8390: ".

You might also need to add 'nodummyrr' to the line if the card is recognised
but wedges.

--jim