* Re: [9fans] repartitioning
@ 2007-06-29 22:11 ` john
From: john @ 2007-06-29 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i need to add a cache partition (to test a mod to cfs).  it's a vmware
> machine.  i think i should be able to expand the disk using vmware
> diskmanager and then fdisk in plan9. anyone done this?

When I wanted cfs, I just added another virtual hard drive (about 200
megabytes) and formatted that from within Plan 9. Works just fine!
Perhaps there is a specific reason you want to use the same disk,
but I think my method will save some hassle.

John

* [9fans] repartitioning
@ 2007-06-30  3:55 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-06-30  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2007-06-30  7:35   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-06-30  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> When I wanted cfs, I just added another virtual hard drive (about 200
> megabytes) and formatted that from within Plan 9. Works just fine!
> Perhaps there is a specific reason you want to use the same disk,
> but I think my method will save some hassle.

that's a better idea.  thanks.  that thought had occurred to me, but it
came in a fleeting moment of clarity between my cat's interruptions
and the call to dinner; i promptly forgot it :)