* [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2003-11-21  4:42 Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2003-11-21  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The latest hypertext version of the faq is available at url
http://ask.km.ru/3p/plan9faq.html

	kyxap

* [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2003-09-18  4:05 Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2003-09-18  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Plan 9 faq is posted to comp.os.plan9 at the beginning
of each month. It is also at news.answers archive sites,
look for comp-os/plan9-faq

@ 2003-07-15  4:01 steve-9fans
From: steve-9fans @ 2003-07-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Plan 9 faq is posted to comp.os.plan9 at the beginning of each month.
It is also at news.answers archive sites, look for comp-os/plan9-faq

The latest hypertext version of the faq is available at url
http://www.fywss.com/plan9/plan9faq.html

To reply directly to this message, remove the '.ca' from my address.

* [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2003-06-15  4:01 steve-9fans
From: steve-9fans @ 2003-06-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-05-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2003-05-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-04-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2003-04-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-03-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2003-03-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-02-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2003-02-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-01-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2003-01-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-12-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-12-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-11-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-11-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-10-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-10-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-09-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-09-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Plan 9 faq is posted to comp.os.plan9 at the beginning of each month.
It is also at news.answers archive sites, look for comp-os/plan9-faq

The latest hypertext version of the faq is available at url
http://www.fywss.com/plan9/plan9faq.html

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2002-08-15  5:26 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2002-08-15  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:01:04AM -0400, Steve Kotsopoulos wrote:

> The Plan 9 faq is posted to comp.os.plan9 at the beginning of each month.
> It is also at news.answers archive sites, look for comp-os/plan9-faq

I note that the FAQ explicitly suggests that Plan 9 has no real time
capabilities.  This ought to be brought up to date (not that I have
tried them, I don't even understand half of what is documented, except
I found it comforting that someone else came up with the idea of
deadline scheduling).

++L

* [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2002-08-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-08-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-07-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-07-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-06-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-06-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-05-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-04-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-04-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-03-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-03-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-02-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-02-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-01-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-01-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-12-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-12-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-11-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-11-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-10-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-10-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-09-21 15:49 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-09-21 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20010920220326.E8D86199E8@mail.cse.psu.edu> you write:
>Backups are dead.  Put your data on multiple machines
>and assume that not all of them will lose your data
>simultaneously.

Yeah, sure, as long as those machines are physically dispersed.  In
which case you can non-trivial time overhead for replicating and
synchronizing the data (consider a multi-terabyte financial database
with millions of transactions per day; like one of the ones that used
to be 5 blocks from my office [many continue to be 1 block away].  Not
that that's anywhere near the most important thing right now).

Not to mention the monetary cost associated with the communications
infrastructure needed to support the synchronization and replication of
said multi-terabyte financial databases.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a van full of AIT2 tapes...nor
their value for disaster recovery.  Backups, particularly off-site
ones, are still essential.

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-21  8:42 ` Anthony Mandic
From: Anthony Mandic @ 2001-09-21  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Russ Cox wrote:

> Backups are dead.

	Assuming, of course, you don't need to restore a file
	to an earlier state.

> The report describes a method of replica synchronization
> that is straightforward but to the best of my knowledge,
> hadn't been done before.

	What? They don't replicate mistakes?

-am	© 2001

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-20 22:03 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-09-20 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> ya, but 160GB disk drives can be had now. and ibm promises 400GB
> disks within a year. i'm not going to back my machine up onto
> 50 dvd-ram disks, even if they cost $0.10 each. even with an
> infiniteX dvd-ram drive, it's going to take you 1/2 an hour to
> changes the disks. ... you know, this hasn't changed much since
> the days of backing up the 11/780s at school. it took about 60
> mag tapes and 6 hrs (if you could pay full attention).

Backups are dead.  Put your data on multiple machines
and assume that not all of them will lose your data
simultaneously.

ftp://ftp.deas.harvard.edu/techreports/tr-01-01.ps.gz

The report describes a method of replica synchronization
that is straightforward but to the best of my knowledge,
hadn't been done before.  That was our excuse for building
a file system synchronization tool called tra, also described.

I keep my home directory on my standalone laptop,
my standalone desktop machine, and the Bell Labs Plan 9 file
server.  If one replica goes south, I can reinitialize
it using from another replica.  I usually sync my laptop
and the file server before I go home each night,
and I sync my laptop and my desktop probably once
a week (I'd sync those more if I were home more).
In fact, every file on my laptop and my desktop machines
(except the tra binaries) is managed by tra.  I can reformat
a disk, do a sync, and everything is back.

It's remarkably pleasant to make changes on one system
and not have to remember what they are in order to
have them propagate elsewhere.  As an on-topic example,
I don't have an internet connection in my apartment,
so I'm offline a lot.  Since my mail box is included
in the sync, though, I can read mail on my laptop at night,
delete messages, save messages into other files, and
when I sync in the morning my real mailbox at plan9.bell-labs.com
gets updated correctly despite the fact that more mail
may have arrived in the interim.  The extra processing to
make the sync program handle mail boxes is just a 750-line
file server that took about an hour to write.

</off-topic>

Russ

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-20 15:24 anothy
From: anothy @ 2001-09-20 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i recently bought a cheap NEC CD-RW drive at a computer show
for <$100. i've been using it under plan 9 for data backups, audio
burning, and more "live" data disks. i've observed no problems
(other than what i believe my IDE hard disk being too slow to
handle burning images ≲ 500MB).

i echo geoff's sentiment that media is the bigger question. i've only
recently come to realize that cds (blank or otherwise) come in
vastly differening qualities. i've got a few that i can stomp on and
they're fine, and i've had some that dropping from a table-height
totally destroyed, sending cracks throughout. ick. i'm currently
using Sony media. i've used others in the past with good results,
but don't remember who.

also, while geoff's obviously correct that CDs arn't really big enough
for full-scale backups, i've had much success keeping backups of
just my changes or additions. i maintain a proto file of parts of the
system i've changed (including things like logs and my home dir),
and periodically blast that out to cd (cd-rw, actually). if you're
selective here (backup source, not binaries, etc) CDs have been fine
for my backup needs.

my next upgrade is to get another 256M or ram so i can store an
entire CD image in memory at once and not have to rely on my
stupid IDE hard disk (assuming i'm correct in my diagnosis).
-α.

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-20 14:43 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2001-09-20 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Once the prices drop some more, DVD-RAM looks attractive at
>9.something GB per disk.

ya, but 160GB disk drives can be had now. and ibm promises 400GB
disks within a year. i'm not going to back my machine up onto
50 dvd-ram disks, even if they cost $0.10 each. even with an
infiniteX dvd-ram drive, it's going to take you 1/2 an hour to
changes the disks. ... you know, this hasn't changed much since
the days of backing up the 11/780s at school. it took about 60
mag tapes and 6 hrs (if you could pay full attention).

erik

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-20  8:49 geoff
From: geoff @ 2001-09-20  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have no experience with new or cheap CD writers.  It seems that
nobody is making pure CD-R drives any more; they're all CD-RW drives
that also write CD-R, depending upon the media used.

I'd check www.hardwareguys.com/picks/optical.html and the
corresponding chapter of their O'Reilly book for theory of operation.
The media seem to be a much bigger issue than the drives, so don't buy
Brand X media.  (I finally tracked down some Kodak Gold Ultima CD-R
blanks!)  Also make sure that your blanks are suitable for the speed
of writer you have (the media packaging should say what speeds it's
meant for).  The alchemy of CD blanks is truly strange.

CDs are really too small for backing up even just portions of modern
disks.  Once the prices drop some more, DVD-RAM looks attractive at
9.something GB per disk.  Among other properties, one doesn't have to
stage an image of an entire side and then blast it out as fast as
possible, but rather can read and write sectors randomly, just like a
real disk.  I think they only guarantee 100,000 writes per sector, so
using a DVD-RAM disk as a live read/write filesystem might not work
well.  On the other hand, for backup, DVD-RAM doesn't have the
write-once property of CD-R, so arguably doesn't make as safe a
backup.  But maybe DVD-RAM drives will in time also be able to write
DVD-R media.  (The alphabet soup of competing DVD standards [read
``royalties''] is only getting worse, but now that there are
implementations of some standards on the market, presumably it will
start to shake out.)

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-18 20:41 ` Richard
From: Richard @ 2001-09-18 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks for the info about kfs, people.

geoff@collyer.net writes:

>Ultimately I don't trust magnetic media.
>  Only optical media are worth the effort it
>takes to record backups on them.

Do you trust those $120 CD writers in computer stores?

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-18 14:50 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-09-18 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Both the standalone fileserver and kfs have had problems over the years;
some remain I'm sure. If I ever get the time to return to building a new
fileserver instead of replacing broken power supplies and disc drives,
I'll trust the result even less.

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-18 12:41 Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-09-18 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i tersely and cryptically said:

> couldn't agree more.  been saying it for years (err, a decade?),
> but they never listen.

the 'they' does not refer to the plan 9 group at the labs.

'they' refers to any job or person where they've insisted
on doing backups to magnetic media.  i got the optical
media mantra after i'd read up on the plan 9 file-server.
after i'd read that, it was obvious, a decade ago.

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-18 10:29 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-09-18 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: <geoff@collyer.net>

@ 2001-09-18  8:26 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2001-09-18  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been using kfs-based Plan 9 systems pretty much daily since 1995.
I have only once seen corrupted data, and I caused that myself by
injudiciously poking into the live kfs process with the debugger.

-- Richard Miller

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-18  6:42 geoff
From: geoff @ 2001-09-18  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The standalone file server gets more use at the Labs than kfs does.
However, I've used kfs over the years without incident.  kfs gets used
in laptops quite a bit, so that they can run standalone.  Others have
experienced kfs corruption (notably on the standalone systems at the
Labs) but I don't know if those were due to kfs bugs or hardware
failures.  I believe that kfs bugs have been fixed over the years.

It's really better to use a standalone file server for performance
too.  kfs is slower and less versatile.  That doesn't mean that you
have to spend a fortune.  Now that there's support for IDE disks and
mirroring in the file server, one can buy a suitable system for under
$1,000 and prices continue to drop.  Don't skimp on RAM; a big RAM
cache helps performance.  Half a gigabyte costs about $80.  Processor
speed, on the other hand, isn't terribly important.

@ 2001-09-18  4:33 ` Richard
From: Richard @ 2001-09-18  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com writes:

>I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying that other systems
>have ways to prevent you from losing your data without copying it somewhere
>else?

It is my understanding that kfs has received much less testing than the
dedicated fileserver and indeed the other filesystems that a home user
might be accustomed to.  one can imagine slow or subtle forms of data
corruption that escape notice till it has spread to all the backup copies
assuming the usual practice of keeping around 3 to 5 backup copies.

It is my understanding that the main reason for this lack of testing
is that having a nice dedicated fileserver, Bell Labs has little need
for kfs.

If you are saying that kfs is tested enough or indeed you and your peers
at Bell Labs have stared at the code long enough to convince yourself
that it has a very very low probability of corrupting data in ways that
can escape user notice, then I withdraw my suggestion.

(And maybe it would have been better if I had asked a question rather than
made a suggestion.)

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-16 22:48 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-09-16 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun Sep 16 17:32:39 EDT 2001, greon@best.com wrote:
>   Subject: What resources does it need?
>
>           As might be expected, the answer depends on what you want to
>           do. The kernel, the window system, and the basic applications
>           will run comfortably on a PC with 8MB of memory.
>
>           On the other hand, the system can grow. The installation at
>           Bell Laboratories includes multiprocessor SGI Challenge and
>           Pentium machines as CPU servers, and a 350GB Sony WORM disk
>           jukebox for the file server.
>
> Is it still true that if you cannot afford to lose your data, you want to
> store it on the real fileserver rather than on kfs?
>
> If so, then home users who cannot afford to lose their data will need at
> least 2 PCs to run Plan 9, and that fact should be noted in the faq.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying that other systems
have ways to prevent you from losing your data without copying it somewhere
else?

Home users who cannot afford to lose their data, irrespective of the O/S
involved, will have a copy of that data at some other location, or they will
eventually lose it.

* [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-09-16 21:28 ` Richard
From: Richard @ 2001-09-16 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

  Subject: What resources does it need?

@ 2001-09-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-09-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-08-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-08-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-07-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-07-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-06-18  9:16 ` cLIeNUX user
From: cLIeNUX user @ 2001-06-18  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

humbubba@smart.net
>The Plan 9 faq is posted to comp.os.plan9 at the beginning of each month.
>It is also at news.answers archive sites, look for comp-os/plan9-faq
>
>The latest hypertext version of the faq is available at url
>http://www.fywss.com/plan9/plan9faq.html

Lynx is hanging on that

Rick Hohensee

* [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-06-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-06-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-05-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-05-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-04-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-03-15  5:30 ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2001-03-15  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: hangar18

Don't forget Hangar 18

http://einstein.ssz.com/hangar18

We're about ready to start putting up servers and a sharable file system.
We've got at least two participants with 24*7 ISDN and potentialy two
higher speed connections, but I'm not done working the details. It'll only
be a couple of process servers and about 80G of file space but it's a
start. We don't intend to charge $$$ for participation or have any
sort of silly OS limitation rules. Windows, Linux, Plan 9, Inferno,
whatever (Amiga ParNet?). We're hoping that folks with 24*7 resources will
share either a processor or file space. I'm not sure how we're going to
handle transient participants (the vast majority I suppose). Somehow they
need to provide some sort of 'service'...

Suggestions?

         If the law is based on precedence, why is the Constitution
         not the final precedence since it's the primary authority?

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com
                           -====~~mm-'`-```-mm --'-

@ 2001-03-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-03-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-02-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-02-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-01-15 13:28 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2001-01-15 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> >The latest hypertext version of the faq is available at url
> >http://www.fywss.com/plan9/plan9faq.html
>
> Lynx won't get that. It hangs on
> HTTP request sent; waiting for response.

I seem to recall having a similar problem a while ago using mothra on Plan 9.
The cause turned out to be www.fywss.com sending tcp packets with "don't fragment"
and a fragment length bigger than the default MTU of ppp(8).

-- Richard Miller

* Re: [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 2001-01-15 10:01 ` cLIeNUX user
From: cLIeNUX user @ 2001-01-15 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

humbubba@smart.net

@ 2001-01-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2001-01-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-12-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2000-12-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-11-15  5:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2000-11-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-10-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2000-10-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-09-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2000-09-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-08-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2000-08-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-07-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2000-07-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-06-15  4:01 Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2000-06-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-05-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 2000-05-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-04-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 2000-04-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-03-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 2000-03-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-02-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 2000-02-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-01-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 2000-01-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-12-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-12-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-11-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-11-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-10-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-10-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-09-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-09-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-08-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-08-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-07-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-07-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-06-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-06-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-05-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-05-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-04-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-04-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-03-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-03-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-02-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-02-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-01-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1999-01-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-12-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1998-12-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-11-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1998-11-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-05-15  4:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1998-05-15  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-03-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1998-03-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Plan 9 faq is posted to comp.os.plan9 at the beginning of each month.
It is also at news.answers archive sites, look for comp-os/plan9-faq

The hypertext version of the faq is always available at url
http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/plan9/plan9faq.html

* [9fans] [reminder] pointer to Plan 9 FAQ
@ 1998-02-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1998-02-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-01-15  5:01 Steve
From: Steve @ 1998-01-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)