* Re: [9fans] Some Dumb Beginner Questions
@ 2004-02-06  2:18 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-06  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Here I am. I just installed plan9 on a single machine using the basic
> fossil install. I generally log in as glenda, though she has  no password.
> I'd like to be able to ssh or drawterm from my piece o' junk XP machine
> at work. How do I do it?

you need to set-up a standalone auth/cpu server.  see the wiki
documentation linked to from the Plan 9 home page at bell-labs

you'll probably run into problems since the wiki is rather outdated (I
promised to update it, but my installation is divergent from what the
latest CD has (still -fl kernels for example) and I don't have an
extra machine to go through the configuration from start and document
it)...

* [9fans] Some Dumb Beginner Questions
@ 2004-02-06  2:51 Greg Pavelcak <g.pavelcak@comcast.net>
From: Greg Pavelcak <g.pavelcak@comcast.net> @ 2004-02-06  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

OK, I've seen a lot about drawterm in the mail archives, but perhaps
I'm just too stupid to make it work, so....

Here I am. I just installed plan9 on a single machine using the basic
fossil install. I generally log in as glenda, though she has  no password.
I'd like to be able to ssh or drawterm from my piece o' junk XP machine
at work. How do I do it?

I downloaded drawterm to a windows machine at home, but if I drawterm

Certainly RTFM type responses are fine, as long as they point to the
appropriate FM. I'm not that thin skinned.

Thanks.

Greg

* Re: [9fans] Some Dumb Beginner Questions
@ 2004-02-06  3:25 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-02-06  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

this:

    "C:\Documents and Settings\boyd\Mes
documents\plan9r4\drawterm-win.exe" -a auth.sdgm.net -c cpu.sdgm.net -d
"c:/Documents and Settings/boyd/Mes documents/plan9r4"

does it on windoze, modulo your install directories.

works from paris and sydney (sdgm.net is in new york).