* Re: [9fans] bind: exec header invalid
       [not found] <7dd606cf1883011837c57ebf97be1de5@plan9.bell-labs.com>
@ 2004-01-09 12:00 ` Chris Lamrock
From: Chris Lamrock @ 2004-01-09 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, David Presotto

Okay I looked into this last night & found:

/386/bin/bind was of 0 file size
as was /bin/bind

soooo I did a complete reinstall - guess what?!?  Everything is fine!  I'm
not sure what happened, but chances are I had some sort of media failure
while installing.

Thanks to all who helped!  Now I can start playing with it tonight - can't
wait!

-Chris Lamrock

From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-01-09 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

only in sh.C

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2036 bytes --]

From: Dan Cross <cross@math.psu.edu>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:27:21 -0500

I thought bind was a shell built-in?

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] bind: exec header invalid
@ 2004-01-08 23:28 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2004-01-08 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Of course it's not.  That was a stupid thing to say, Dan.

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] bind: exec header invalid
@ 2004-01-08 23:27 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2004-01-08 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-01-08 16:45 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-01-08 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chris, 9fans

if bind doesn't work in plan9, you're pretty much screwed.

a reinstall couldn't hurt, but I'm not sure that it'll help either.

just for curiosity, what's in that file?  can you cat it?

* [9fans] bind: exec header invalid
@ 2004-01-08 14:25 ` Chris Lamrock
From: Chris Lamrock @ 2004-01-08 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans