* [9fans] Java library to access 9P/Styx
@ 2002-08-30 15:12 Arnaud Sahuguet
From: Arnaud Sahuguet @ 2002-08-30 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am looking for Java libraries to access Plan 9 servers.

I heard that such things exist (see reference to Slashdot post below), but I could not find any.
"Note that all this is independent of the programming language. There are C and Java libraries for accessing 9P or Styx
objects."
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/03/05/2032245.shtml?tid=155

Pointers would be appreciated.

regards,

Arnaud

* Re: [9fans] Java library to access 9P/Styx
@ 2002-09-04  8:01 Anssi Porttikivi
From: Anssi Porttikivi @ 2002-09-04  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"Arnaud Sahuguet" <sahuguet@lucent.com> wrote in message news:<045601c25037$a4c432a0$4c256887@bl.belllabs.com>...
> I am looking for Java libraries to access Plan 9 servers.
>
> I heard that such things exist (see reference to Slashdot post below), but I could not find any.
> "Note that all this is independent of the programming language. There are C and Java libraries for accessing 9P or Styx
> objects."
> http://slashdot.org/articles/02/03/05/2032245.shtml?tid=155

You meant my message http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=29001&cid=3117157

There used to be a Lucent product "InfernoSpaces" which was foreign access to 9P systems, most notably from Java, and library level C. But is is discontinued, not supported by Vita Nuova. See

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=infernospaces&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=200005051417.KAA20070%40cse.psu.edu&rnum=5

The last quote from Charles Forsyth:

"...in the Inferno/Plan9 milieu
we hope to provide something that attacks the part of the problem where
(we thought) InfernoSpaces meant well..."