* Re: [9fans] find
@ 2001-08-16 10:30 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-08-16 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: "pac" <cej@cejchan.gli.cas.cz>
> never got deprecated.  it never was in research unix, which is the proper
> ancestor to plan 9.

read dennis' message.

iirc it was in 8th Ed too.

* [9fans] find
@ 2001-08-16 10:31 pac
From: pac @ 2001-08-16 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

---------- Forwarded message from michael@cosym.net on Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:50:17 +0100  -----------

never got deprecated.  it never was in research unix, which is the proper
ancestor to plan 9.  most people haven't a clue what was in research unix
(which is "real" unix in my book) as opposed to commercial (system v) or
academic (berkeley) unix.  you think that sockets, curses, vi, csh, and
sendmail are "unix"?  well, they were never in research unix.

* Re: [9fans] find
@ 2001-08-16 19:12   ` Steve Kilbane
From: Steve Kilbane @ 2001-08-16 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Boyd:
> From: "pac" <cej@cejchan.gli.cas.cz>
> > never got deprecated.  it never was in research unix, which is the proper
> > ancestor to plan 9.
>
> read dennis' message.
>
> iirc it was in 8th Ed too.

It's in my 10th Ed manual, too. Disappointed to see there isn't a BUGS
section complaining about the syntax. :-)

* Re: [9fans] find
@ 2001-08-16 20:42     ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-08-16 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It's in my 10th Ed manual, too. Disappointed to see there isn't a BUGS
> section complaining about the syntax. :-)

pretty sure it's in my 9th ed manual too, but that's in another hemisphere.