* [9fans] rand(2)
@ 2003-09-16 12:06 boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-16 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

is this same rand as the old unix rand?

my problem being is that i want to seed it so i can get rand based
regression tests to go.

* Re: [9fans] rand(2)
@ 2003-09-16 12:22 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-09-16 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's seedable and can be used for regression tests.  I don't remember when I picked
it up though so its probably different than Linux.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2064 bytes --]

From: "boyd, rounin" <boyd@insultant.net>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] rand(2)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:06:52 +0200

@ 2003-09-16 12:27   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-09-16 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It's seedable and can be used for regression tests.  I don't remember when I
picked
> it up though so its probably different than Linux.

i think it is.  i'll have a look at the code, but i think i'm hosed,
unless i use another unorthodox solution:

     i have a buncha files that were generated somewhere on lunix,
     so i'll just snarf the output of the plan 9 awk regression tests
     and use them as the tree to compare against, but i have the
     odd other problem to look at first.

then i can run the tests against the bio-fied (hazard?) awk.