* Re: [9fans] How do I slow down the CD writer?
@ 2002-05-20  4:39 rsc
From: rsc @ 2002-05-20  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

cdfs(4) says:

          The top level directory also contains a ctl file, into which
          control messages may be echoed.  The current control mes-
          sages are:

          blank        Blank the entire rewritable CD in the drive.
          quickblank   Blank only the table of contents on the rewrit-
                       able CD in the drive.
          eject        Eject the CD in the drive.
          ingest       Ingest a CD into the drive.
          speed kpbs   Set the reading and writing speed to use.
                       Drives may round down the speed to one they
                       support.  To set reading and writing speeds
                        separately, prefix the speeds with read or
                       write, as in speed write 8192 or speed read
                       16384 write 8192.  Note that most drives reset
                       the reading and writing speed each time a new
                       CD is inserted.

The other possibility is that you're forgetting
to fixate the disk with rm /mnt/cd/wd when
you're done.

Russ

* [9fans] How do I slow down the CD writer?
@ 2002-05-20  4:24 Peter A. Cejchan
From: Peter A. Cejchan @ 2002-05-20  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

..... I can happily write/read CD-RWs, however, I can't read CD-R I've burnt. Perhaps, the writing speed was too high and the cd wasn't burnt properly. I can't recall the command to slow down the speed...
thanks,
regards,

--
++pac.