* [9fans] Ideal Plan 9 boxes?
@ 2000-11-23 10:17 brojohnson
From: brojohnson @ 2000-11-23 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

What will be the ideal box setup for a full Plan 9 install:
Sofar this is what parts I gather.
Fileserver:  P 266Mhz, 10.2 gig harddrive, 32mb ram, cdrom, floppy, Mach64
videocard
Terminel: P 266Mhz, 2.1gig harddrive, 23mb ram, cdrom, floppy, no video yet
(Possible ATI-Xpert98)
CPU server: 500Mhz Athlon, 128mb ram, 2.1gig harddrive, cdrom, floppy, no
video (possible ATI-Xpert98).
3 Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet cards sofar.
moniters I got one sofar.
Now these are my parts that I have sitting here, nothing is put together.
Are there any suggestions as to how should I set it up or what I should use?
James

* Re: [9fans] Ideal Plan 9 boxes?
@ 2000-11-23 10:48 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-11-23 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you don't need fancy video cards in the file server or cpu server.
indeed, we sometimes use old ISA cards (if the m/board still has got an ISA slot).
frees up a PCI slot and recycles old electronics at the same time.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2173 bytes --]