* [9fans] channel_lock
@ 2008-07-14 18:47 palazzol
From: palazzol @ 2008-07-14 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I have been looking and the implementation of channels/alt in Plan9, and I have a question.  Does lock()/unlock() work across procs (not just threads)?  For example, in channel.c there is a static Lock *channel_lock.  Does this provide exclusive to channel data across procs?

I assume yes, just trying to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.  I was expecting to see code which handles channel access "across procs" differently than channel access between threads "in the same proc", but I didn't see anything like that.

Thanks,
Frank