* [9fans] 48-bit lba
@ 2003-05-25 14:44 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-05-25 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I put code to handle 48-bit LBA mode (for drives >137GB)
into the sdata driver.  It seems to work (meaning blocks
written with it turned off and turned on go to the same
place on disk for the 137GB addressable in either mode),
but it would benefit from a reading by someone else who
understands 48-bit LBA mode.

9fs sources
yesterday -d -0524 /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/9/pc/sdata.c

Thanks.
Russ

* [9fans] 48-bit LBA
@ 2003-04-19 10:17 Christopher Nielsen
From: Christopher Nielsen @ 2003-04-19 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a pair of 180G Western Digital ATA100 drives that I'd
like to use for experimenting with venti/fossil, but only
137G of the drives is seen.

Before I go ahead and write the code to support it, I wanted
to check if anyone is working on 48-bit LBA for ATA drives.

I also have patches to support the Promise Ultra100 TX2 that
I will submit with the 48-bit LBA patches.

--
Christopher Nielsen
"They who can give up essential liberty for temporary