* [9fans] Raspberry 9
@ 2013-04-23 21:13 OrangeCalx01
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: OrangeCalx01 @ 2013-04-23 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've seen 9 running on a raspberry pi, and now am really interested in buying a model A to run it on (maybe B to have some fun with 9P). But before I jump the gun, are there any known brick walls associated with this set up? Like needing two usb instead of a hub? Thanks!

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry 9
@ 2013-04-25 11:38 OrangeCalx01
From: OrangeCalx01 @ 2013-04-25 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ah, wireless keyboard/mouse combo? That sounds much cooler. Any known problems? And does the wifi dongle newmark supplies work?

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry 9
@ 2013-06-02 18:46 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2013-06-02 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Back in april I wrote:
> Plan 9 works just as well on the model A as on the model B, except for
> some problems with low-speed usb devices connected directly to the pi.
> If you use a hub it should be fine.

I've finally found the cause of this and supplied a patch to fix it.
If you pull and build a new bcm kernel, it should now work the same
on models A and B, with or without a usb hub.

I believe the model A pi is now in stock in the US too, so the long
standing "$25 computer" claim is now actually true.  Caveat: it's
for niche applications only - if you need to add an external
ethernet dongle or a hub to support more usb devices, it would
be cheaper just to get a model B instead.

* Re: [9fans] Raspberry 9
@ 2013-06-26 13:44 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2013-06-26 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> where do you find the current plan9 image with the usb fix?

Sorry, I get this list by email so I don't always keep track
of intermittent threads.  I had forgotten my message under
this subject line three weeks ago, about sorting out usb for the
raspberry pi model A.

I've just put a complete new SD fossil image in the usual place
(/n/sources/contrib/miller/9pi.img.gz) with the model A usb patch
applied, and also updated for the new 21-bit runes.