* [9fans] pi vs. older mac keyboard
@ 2012-12-11  0:17 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-12-11  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i don't have things set up well enough to deal with this myself
just yet

usbotg: ep5.0 error intr 00000402
[repeat]
/boot/usbd: loaddevconf: bug: out of configurations in device

- erik

* Re: [9fans] pi vs. older mac keyboard
@ 2012-12-11  8:54 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2012-12-11  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> usbotg: ep5.0 error intr 00000402

That's "data toggle error".  It seems the device isn't following
the DATA0-DATA1 protocol.

You're lucky - when I tried a mac keyboard, the pi just kept
resetting.

Does this keyboard work with (native) Plan 9 on any other machine?

* Re: [9fans] pi vs. older mac keyboard
@ 2012-12-11 15:25   ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2012-12-11 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm using a new-ish Apple keyboard here. It works well except that (a) about twice a day or so, the control née caps lock key misses a key up event (tapping it again solves it), and (b) the fn key (and therefore the things accessed by it) does nothing.

I originally had all sorts of problems with the thing, including protocol errors and the pi rebooting or freezing, dependent on the order things got plugged in. I then realized I was under-powering the pi. The most common USB power sources put out around 500 mA; the pi wants (from memory) 700-1200 mA, and really seems to be happier at the higher end of that. I went out and got a 2A USB charger and things improved dramatically.