* [9fans] Re: spell checking in acme/plan9
@ 2002-03-14 16:47 Jack Starrantino
From: Jack Starrantino @ 2002-03-14 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '9fans@cse.psu.edu'

> We use spell(1) (and the acme wrapper aspell).
> Which particular aspect of spell doesn't meet your needs?
> Russ

Besides flagging words that are not in the dictionary, I also need
assistance in
determining what the correct spelling should be. Unix ispell works fine for
me.

As a practical matter, I would also want something that would propagate
spelling corrections throughout the document, and provide an easy way to add
words to the dictionary.

I wasn't aware of the acme wrapper. Does it provide a set of possible
correct
spellings? Could you provide a pointer to documentation for this app?

Many thanks.

jps
--
Jack P. Starrantino   jstarrantino@cdnow.com

* Re: [9fans] Re: spell checking in acme/plan9
@ 2002-03-14 17:13 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-03-14 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I wasn't aware of the acme wrapper. Does it provide a set of possible
> correct spellings? Could you provide a pointer to documentation for this app?

I think app might be a little strong.  If you run aspell doc.txt within acme
it produces spell's output but with addresses for the misspelled words so
you can get to each in one click.

There's no ispell-like spelling helper, although I suppose it wouldn't
be hard to write inside acme.  I liked ispell when I used Linux but I
don't really miss it.

Russ