* Re: [9fans] Setting sysname in plan9.ini
@ 2004-01-26  2:25 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-01-26  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Holy guana Batman!

Just for a wild guess, I'ld say that setting the sysname is screwing over your
namespace.  The only place that I see the namespace changed after init starts is
the newns() in its main().  /lib/namespace includes at its end:

. /lib/namespace.local
. /lib/namespace.$sysname

Could it be that you have a /lib/namespace.blah that is blowing things
away?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2125 bytes --]

From: "Skip Tavakkolian" <fst@centurytel.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Setting sysname in plan9.ini
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:55:22 -0800

If I set 'sysname=blah' in plan9.ini for a term, init just loops
complaining that it can't execute /bin/rc .  Commenting out or
removing the sysname=blah fixes the problem.  The same
thing is not a problem for cpus.

* [9fans] Setting sysname in plan9.ini
@ 2004-01-26  2:55 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2004-01-26  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-01-26  4:19   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2004-01-26  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Could it be that you have a /lib/namespace.blah that is blowing things
> away?

Yep; just one directive 'clear'!