* [9fans] Managed hosting
@ 2004-01-11  2:17 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2004-01-11  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does anyone know of any managed hosting companies that
would let the customer run Plan9 on their box?

* Re: [9fans] Managed hosting
@ 2004-01-11 10:21 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2004-01-11 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Does anyone know of any managed hosting companies that
> would let the customer run Plan9 on their box?

http://www.mailbox.net.uk (click on "Data Centres" link) says
"Your server can be any specification, and run any operating system".

A possible drawback is that it's in London.

-- Richard

* Re: [9fans] Managed hosting
@ 2004-01-11 10:56   ` matt
From: matt @ 2004-01-11 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

there's also an issue with reboots

someone needs to select the menus on boot

Boyd posted something regarding a solution but that was a long time ago.

I'm getting a plan9 box into the co-lo this year but I've not done it yet so I've not tried to find the solution again.

* Re: [9fans] Managed hosting
@ 2004-01-11 18:16     ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-01-11 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>someone needs to select the menus on boot

there needn't be menus.  hardly any of my machines use them.