* [9fans] Access through NAT
@ 2011-08-12 17:21 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2011-08-12 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you port forward the ticket port to your auth server and the
exportfs port to your CPU server, you should be able to 'import
nathost ...' from the wilds of the Internet.

As mentioned elsewhere, beware assinine five minute state timeouts in
the NAT implementation. Push aan onto the connection, or run a
background job that stats something across the mount every couple of
minutes.

* Re: [9fans] Access through NAT
@ 2011-08-12 17:55 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2011-08-12 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>As mentioned elsewhere, beware assinine five minute state timeouts in
>the NAT implementation.

with the new Netgear supplied by my cable company, I discovered (on a forum)
that switching off a supposed security option to do some form of packet
inspection had the pleasant effect of eliminating the only such timeout
on that box, so my cpu connections stay up for days.