* Re: [9fans] 2D acceleration question
@ 2002-09-07 13:09 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-07 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You have to balance implementor effort vs.
the benefits of having the code.  For the sorts
of graphics we do (mainly just window system
and basic interface sorts of things), not having
fills and moves is far too painful.  No one has
had a strong enough need for the others to
go out and write the code.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] 2D acceleration question
@ 2002-09-07 23:06 ` Vesselin Peev
From: Vesselin Peev @ 2002-09-07 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks. I'll be still looking into Plan9, though.

But hey, even dead OS/2 has that, but then I remember Plan9 is for
distributed computing... oh, well.

From: Vesselin Peev @ 2002-09-07 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I'm new to Plan9 (4th ed.). I'm currently downloading the distribution and plan to install GCC and Python shortly after I setup the OS.
What are the current details of 2D graphics acceleration support? From the Plan9 page I understood that basic functions such as line drawing and triangles are accelerated under supported chipsets such as the GeForce2 (which I have).
Is accelerated 2D blitting and page flipping supported, too?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: [9fans] 2D acceleration question
@ 2002-09-07 11:41 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-07 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)