* [9fans] Using OS abstractions book, for Plan 9. + example program to export files
@ 2006-08-31 10:13 Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2006-08-31 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I have left at http://lsub.org/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf
an introductory text to (using) operating systems, using Plan 9.
It is the first draft produced. Still needs much work, but it may be of help.
I'll leave further revisions at the same place. Still working on the second one.

One chapter develops a file server, so it might be of help for bituman.

I'd love to get any feedback, comment, or whatever.

thanks

On 8/31/06, bituman <bituman@enerla.net> wrote:
> Ahoi all...
> Ive been using my plan9 installation for a while. Now i feel comfortable
> enough to start some coding.
> Im like lets starts something basic (basic might be a relative term),
> like a server that exports a ctl and a data file,
> every line written to ctl can be read from data with the letters sorted.
> Id like someone to pinpoint a sample program for me that exports files,
> the most basic such program will do the trick i guess.
> Thanks in advance
> bituman

* Re: [9fans] Using OS abstractions book, for Plan 9. + example program to export files
@ 2006-08-31 15:38 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2006-08-31 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 8/31/06, Francisco J Ballesteros <nemo@lsub.org> wrote:
> I have left at http://lsub.org/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf
> an introductory text to (using) operating systems, using Plan 9.
> It is the first draft produced. Still needs much work, but it may be of help.
> I'll leave further revisions at the same place. Still working on the second one.
>
> One chapter develops a file server, so it might be of help for bituman.
>
> I'd love to get any feedback, comment, or whatever.
>
> thanks

Great I've been waiting for this, and it's ready just in time for a US
holiday weekend!

Looking forward to digging into it.

Dave

@ 2006-08-31 20:29   ` Rodolfo (kix)
From: Rodolfo (kix) @ 2006-08-31 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks!!!!

is very very good (cojonudo).

slds.

--
Rodolfo García "kix"

* Re: [9fans] Using OS abstractions book, for Plan 9. + example program to export files
@ 2006-09-01  8:51   ` Pengux
From: Pengux @ 2006-09-01  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

More than fantastic. I'm afraid, now i MUST spend my whole time reading
(and typing, of course) ;-). Feedback will come! Thanks, Francisco!!