* [9fans] My Plan9 setup notes
@ 2006-11-22  0:06 Georg Lehner
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Georg Lehner @ 2006-11-22  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello!

I'm used to document OS setup stuff for future use, and to do this in
a public accessible place, here you can find the first results:

  http://www.magma.com.ni/moin/Plan9Tutorial

If there is interest I'll be glad to share this, contribute it to the
Plan9 wiki or whatever.

Since I'm not a native writer, you'll find errors and weird wording
and phrasing, I'm happy about any feedback.

Regards,

        Jorge-León

* Re: [9fans] My Plan9 setup notes
@ 2006-11-22  2:21 ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2006-11-22  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hola,

good work! I think this will be very handy for newcomers.

congrats!

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] My Plan9 setup notes
@ 2006-11-22  5:25 ` Yosyp Bin Laden
From: Yosyp Bin Laden @ 2006-11-22  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Wow, nice tutorial. First thing tomorrow I'm doing this exact setup.
Do write more :-), and if you ever need something to write about write
on setting up the email (client?).

* Re: [9fans] My Plan9 setup notes
@ 2006-11-23  9:58 ` prem
From: prem @ 2006-11-23  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Woila, good write up.
As a newbie i also found difficulty in installing inferno on plan9.
the inferno's install.pdf is not comprehensive enough ( like your
install notes)

-Prem

Georg Lehner wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm used to document OS setup stuff for future use, and to do this in
> a public accessible place, here you can find the first results:
>
>   http://www.magma.com.ni/moin/Plan9Tutorial
>
> If there is interest I'll be glad to share this, contribute it to the
> Plan9 wiki or whatever.
>
> Since I'm not a native writer, you'll find errors and weird wording
> and phrasing, I'm happy about any feedback.
>
> Regards,
>
>         Jorge-León

* [9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes)
@ 2006-11-23 17:11   ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2006-11-23 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> As a newbie i also found difficulty in installing inferno on plan9.
> the inferno's install.pdf is not comprehensive enough ( like your
> install notes)

Let me grab my chance right here.  I get:

	term% emu
	; wm/wm
	attachwindow: cannot handle window depth specifier    x8r8g8b8
	wmlib: can't allocate Display: initdisplay: /dev/draw/new: '/usr/inferno/dev/draw' file does not exist
	;

and I can't imagine where to start attacking this problem.
Suggestions?

++L

* Re: [9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes)
@ 2007-01-28 11:41     ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2007-01-28 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

use the win.c i sent you many weeks ago?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3185 bytes --]

From: lucio@proxima.alt.za
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Inferno under Plan 9 (Was: My Plan9 setup notes)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:11:22 +0200

@ 2007-01-30  5:15       ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2007-01-30  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> use the win.c i sent you many weeks ago?

Yes.  That message got resurrected by rebooting my mail exchanger after
it failed and, seemingly, after its mail queue sweeper had died
undetected a while back.

My apologies to all who may have been inconvenienced in any way.

++L