* [9fans] Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation
@ 2007-07-02  8:55 fouRmi
From: fouRmi @ 2007-07-02  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Can I install plan-9 on VMWare Workstation? If so, I got some problems
and it didn't run as i expected. My VMWare Station is version 5.5.1
build-19175. It stops after that "Install mbr (y, n) [no default]: "
and that i choose yes. Only ">>>" is waiting. What should i do next?

Also another question, what is the exact filesize of the CD image. I
mean the ISO file. I download it twice but got two different sizes of
image. One of them is 267 MB (280,584,192 bytes). Is it correct? Or
there may be some errors while downloading.

Thanks.
 Regards.

* Re: [9fans] Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation
@ 2007-07-02 10:40 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-07-02 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Also another question, what is the exact filesize of the CD image. I
> mean the ISO file. I download it twice but got two different sizes of
> image. One of them is 267 MB (280,584,192 bytes). Is it correct? Or
> there may be some errors while downloading.

the downloadable image is rebuilt every night and bzip2'd. if the image
were corrupted, bunzip2 should give you errors.

- erik

* [9fans] Re: Boot Plan 9 on VMWare Workstation
@ 2007-07-03  9:07 ` fouRmi
From: fouRmi @ 2007-07-03  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks Erik.

From: fouRmi @ 2007-07-03  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 7月1日, 下午5时49分, mahm...@gammal.org (Mahmoud AlGammal) wrote:
> You can get a VMware Server image herehttp://blog.gammal.org/2007/05/plan9-vmware-image.html. I think it might
> also work under Workstation.

Thanks Mahmoud AlGammal

But I cannot browse your website. I'm sure it will be very useful. I
dunno why.

Thanks anyway.

Orlando.
Regards.