* Re: [9fans] New dist install => boota:  + LS120
@ 2002-10-04 16:17 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-04 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I think you should be able to ed /bin/boota:, fix it,
and then run . /rc/bin/termrc to get going again.

Let me know what boota: should be.

Thanks.
Russ

* [9fans] New dist install => boota:  + LS120
@ 2002-10-04  9:35 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2002-10-04  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Installing the new current dist using an LS120 drive.

All goes well until it tries to mount the floppy disk (in the LS120 drive) and
it fails in boota: - There is a switch statement that decides to use
(excuse flaky memory) sdD0!data!9pcflop.gz when in fact I should use
sdD0!dos!9pcflop.gz.

I can do the mount by hand but don't know how to restart the install process.

I suspose I'am asking:
    How do I restart the boot process - should get me going

    Could we have a change in boota: to test to see if the "data"
        partition exists when booting from "a disk but not a floppy"
        and if not does a "dos" partition exist instead.

I cannot do this myself as I cannot install so I cannot build an install disk
so...

Thanks for any/all help,

-Steve