* [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2007-08-22  8:27 rob
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: rob @ 2007-08-22  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In case this is of use to somebody:

I've converted plan9bunnywhite.jpg to a PNG with transparent background.
Find it at http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/rob/bunny.html .

The goal was to add drawterm to the OS X dock with a nice icon, which
turned out to be more difficult than it should be.

Cheers
Rob

* Re: [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2007-08-22 12:26 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-08-22 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

russ wanted drawterm to have the nine billiard ball icon. i've attached it here.

from postmaster@ethel:
The following attachment had content that we can't
prove to be harmless.  To avoid possible automatic
execution, we changed the content headers.
The original header was:

[-- Attachment #2.2: 9ball.icns.suspect --]

* Re: [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2007-08-22 16:56 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-22 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> In case this is of use to somebody:
>
> I've converted plan9bunnywhite.jpg to a PNG with transparent background.
> Find it at http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/rob/bunny.html .
>
> The goal was to add drawterm to the OS X dock with a nice icon, which
> turned out to be more difficult than it should be.

they look nice.

it also showcases the fact that plan 9 png needs some help
rendering transparent pngs.  here's what page did when i
moved the image around it its window with page.

/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/badbunny.png

oddly, while reading your post, my rabbit
(not named glenda) decided to have a first
look around in the computer room.

good bunny.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2007-08-22 17:09   ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2007-08-22 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

we talked about this before...

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.plan9/browse_thread/thread/c67c67140a8d54d0/2c894e318848b968

in my post is what I did to circunvent this in abaco.

hth

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2007-08-22 18:22     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-22 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> we talked about this before...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.plan9/browse_thread/thread/c67c67140a8d54d0/2c894e318848b968
>
> in my post is what I did to circunvent this in abaco.
>
> hth

the problem is that you fix doesn't always work, at least for
me.  i still see blue pngs.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2007-08-22 20:26   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-08-22 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> it also showcases the fact that plan 9 png needs some help
> rendering transparent pngs.  here's what page did when i
> moved the image around it its window with page.

delete the last two lines of /sys/src/cmd/page/page.h
and it will work just fine, as long as you are not using vnc
nor an old drawterm.  it might be a little slow on local
kernels too.  if anyone fixes the vnc / kernel issues
then we can delete those lines for good.

russ

* Re: [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2007-08-22 20:44     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-22 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> delete the last two lines of /sys/src/cmd/page/page.h
> and it will work just fine, as long as you are not using vnc
> nor an old drawterm.  it might be a little slow on local
> kernels too.  if anyone fixes the vnc / kernel issues
> then we can delete those lines for good.
>
> russ

that's probablly a factor of 10x slower on my terminal.
also s/he's all blue in the ears.  that can't be healthy.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2008-05-12 17:28 ` Michaelian Ennis
From: Michaelian Ennis @ 2008-05-12 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 4:27 AM,  <rob@plan9.jp> wrote:

>  The goal was to add drawterm to the OS X dock with a nice icon, which
>  turned out to be more difficult than it should be.

I decided I wanted to use this icon on my dock in OS X and found these
instructions.  http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304735 .
 It would be nice if this were added programatically as the binary is
built but this will do.

Ian

* [9fans] Glenda transparent PNGs
@ 2008-05-13  1:42   ` Michaelian Ennis
From: Michaelian Ennis @ 2008-05-13  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2007-08-29 13:14 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-29 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quanstro, 9fans

you finally found that chris *does* drive.
but can't spell.  it's "yesosfr".

- erik