* [9fans] The Joy of Secstore
@ 2009-07-16 14:09 mattmobile
From: mattmobile @ 2009-07-16 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

when I've got secstored running on the cpu/auth, drawterm asks me for my
secstore password and then factotum does as well.

Am I missing something that reduces it to once ?

* Re: [9fans] The Joy of Secstore
@ 2009-07-16 14:37 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2009-07-16 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Did you run secstored and factotum before or after starting stuff like Rio?

@ 2009-07-16 14:47 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-07-16 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hi,
>
> when I've got secstored running on the cpu/auth, drawterm asks me for my
> secstore password and then factotum does as well.
>
> Am I missing something that reduces it to once ?

i've changed my lib/profile for the cpu case to look like this.
it may be on the very first drawterm i fire up, i get asked twice.
(i don't want to tear things down to check.)  but i reverified
that i get one prompt for the secstore password here:

case cpu
	if(test -e /mnt/term/env/wsys)
	if(test -e /mnt/term/mnt/wsys){
		# rio already running
		wsys = /mnt/term^`{cat /mnt/term/env/wsys}
		bind -a /mnt/term/mnt/wsys /dev
		if(test -f /mnt/term/dev/label)
			echo -n $sysname > /mnt/term/dev/label
	}
	bind /mnt/term/dev/cons /dev/cons
	bind /mnt/term/dev/consctl /dev/consctl
	bind -a /mnt/term/dev /dev
	prompt=('; ' '')
	news
	if(! test -e /mnt/term/mnt/wsys){
		# cpu call from drawterm
		x=`{wc -l /mnt/term/mnt/factotum/ctl>[2=] || echo 0}
		if(test $x(1) -gt 1)
			bind /mnt/term/mnt/factotum /mnt/factotum
		if not
			auth/factotum
		termish terminal drawterm
	}

by the way, it's interesting to think of what would need
changing to make secstore a normal 9p server.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] The Joy of Secstore
@ 2009-07-16 14:58   ` mattmobile
From: mattmobile @ 2009-07-16 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

David Leimbach wrote:
> Did you run secstored and factotum before or after starting stuff like
> Rio?
secstored is started from /cfg/cox/cpurc

drawterm connects to secstore, prompting for secstore password, gets the
facotum file and authenticates you

factotum starts in lib/profile, before rio, once more prompting for
secstore password