* [9fans] Problem mounting CDROM drive
@ 2004-06-01 23:52 Michael Hughes
From: Michael Hughes @ 2004-06-01 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm trying to install inferno on plan9 and need to copy the install files
from cdrom to the hard drive.

when I try to mount the cdrom drive I receive "permission denied"

I tried

mount /dev/sdD0 /usr/glenda/cd_path

I've tried some other ways but have not had any luck.
I don't have permission as glenda to mount the cdrom drive ?

Thanks,

Michael

* Re: [9fans] Problem mounting CDROM drive
@ 2004-06-01 23:56 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-06-01 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

are you using kfs?

* Re: [9fans] Problem mounting CDROM drive
@ 2004-06-02  0:12 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-06-02  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

That's not how you mount a CD on Plan 9.  Try

	9660srv
	mount /srv/9660 /usr/glenda/cd_path /dev/sdD0/data

on the machine with the CD drive and running as the host owner
(you on a terminal, bootes on a CPU server).