* [9fans] getting xen 3 working for me: part 1
@ 2006-12-04 22:05 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2006-12-04 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

using the excellent tutorial and other resources, I have a few additions.

Here is my xend-config.sxp. I have move to nat-based networking
[root@q rminnich]# cat /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
(loglevel NOTICE)
(xend-http-server yes)
(xend-port 3456)
(xend-address '')
(console-limit 2048)
#(network-script network-bridge)
(network-script network-nat)
#(network-script /bin/true)
#(vif-script vif-bridge)
(vif-script 'vif-nat dhcp=yes')
(dom0-min-mem 64)
(dom0-cpus 0)
(vnc-listen 0.0.0.0)

Here is me /etc/xen/plan9
===============
kernel = "/usr/xen9/9xenpccpuf.gz"
memory = 96
name = "plan9"
dhcp="1"
# for net nat
vif = [ '']
#vif = [ 'mac=50:6c:61:6e:39:xx']
disk = [ 'file:/usr/xen9/plan9.img,sda,w' ]
restart = 'never'

# This is the equivalent of plan9.ini:
extra="""
bootargs=local!#S/sd00/fossil
nobootprompt=local!#S/sd00/fossil
venti=/dev/sd00/arenas
"""
===============

With these mods, I can get to anywhere with a raw ip. I can not get
dns and I can not log in via drawterm And, I can not changeuser, as
there are still some problems: no bootes user, no /adm/keys in the
right state, etc.

con /srv/fscons
srv -APW noperm
^\>>>q
mount /srv/noperm /n/noperm
rm /n/noperm/adm/keys*
con /srv/fscons
 create /active/adm/keys.who bootes adm 660
uname bootes bootes
create /active/adm/keys bootes adm 660
 create /active/adm/secstore bootes sys d755
^\>>>q

Now I can auth/changeuser glenda and give her a password.

Now when I drawterm in, it is 'cannot get auth tickets in p9sk1:
connection refused' but it is better.

So remaining bits are getting dns working and fixing this. Can dns get
its resolver IP from a dhcp, and if so, how? or should I write a
script to cons up a /tmp/ndblocal and start up dns with that? This
latter is easy:
plan9# cat /net/ndb
ip=10.0.3.1 ipmask=255.255.0.0 ipgw=10.0.3.128
        sys=plan9

To all of you at iwp9, hope it is going well.

ron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-12-04 22:05 UTC | newest]