* [9fans] trace device paper from aki&john&ron now available
@ 2008-09-18 23:15 ron minnich
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: ron minnich @ 2008-09-18 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This was going into greece but I am not going and they aren't either so:
/n/sources/contrib/rminnich/tracepaper/trace.ps

The modified 8l described in the paper is also in that directory. If
you want the trace dev let me know.

Code was aki, ron, and john.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks

ron

* Re: [9fans] trace device paper from aki&john&ron now available
@ 2008-09-19  2:16 ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2008-09-19  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 1:15 AM, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> This was going into greece but I am not going and they aren't either so:
> /n/sources/contrib/rminnich/tracepaper/trace.ps
>
> The modified 8l described in the paper is also in that directory. If
> you want the trace dev let me know.
>
> Code was aki, ron, and john.

A real pity none of you are coming :-(.

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] trace device paper from aki&john&ron now available
@ 2008-09-19  4:40   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-09-19  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Gorka Guardiola <paurea@gmail.com> wrote:

> A real pity none of you are coming :-(.

it's a bad time of year: Supercomputing is around this time. It was
just a bit more travel than most of us could pull off.

Have a good time. I still want to come visit your lab. I'm in "get
money hell" for a while yet however.

ron

* Re: [9fans] trace device paper from aki&john&ron now available
@ 2008-09-22 12:03 ` aharon.robbins
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: aharon.robbins @ 2008-09-22 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I don't yet have any kind of P9 system, so no access to sources. Can I get a copy of the ps file?

thanks,

Arnold

@ 2008-09-22 12:13   ` grai
From: grai @ 2008-09-22 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arnold, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I don't yet have any kind of P9 system, so no access to sources.

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/rminnich/trace/trace.pdf

Regards,
grai

* Re: [9fans] trace device paper from aki&john&ron now available
@ 2008-09-22 13:41   ` gdiaz
From: gdiaz @ 2008-09-22 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arnold, 9fans

hello

www.9grid.es has a sources web interface under "mirrors" section

http://sirviente.9grid.es/sources

it is updated daily.

slds.

gabi

@ 2008-09-23 11:32   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-09-23 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arnold, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:03 AM,  <aharon.robbins@nb013.com> wrote:
> I don't yet have any kind of P9 system, so no access to sources. Can I get a copy of the ps file?

If you have a 32-bit machine, you have vx32, and can boot plan 9 in
about 2 seconds (literally). Take a look, it's great!

@ 2008-09-30  8:57 ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2008-09-30  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This is very cool. When will the source for the trace device itself
become available?

Thanks and best wishes

uriel

@ 2008-09-30 14:39   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-09-30 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Uriel <uriel99@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is very cool. When will the source for the trace device itself
> become available?

we hope soon.

ron