* [9fans] libevent for plan9
@ 2008-12-10  3:28 Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2008-12-10  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all

I am looking into porting some stuff that uses libevent.
http://monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

I was wondering if there is something else I can use to replace
libevent, so that I dont need to port it. Its probably to complex for
me anyway.

regards
fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com

* Re: [9fans] libevent for plan9
@ 2008-12-10  5:12 ` Roman Zhukov
From: Roman Zhukov @ 2008-12-10  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

You can just use blocking read/write calls in several threads.

--
Roma

* Re: [9fans] libevent for plan9
@ 2008-12-10  6:48   ` Roman Zhukov
From: Roman Zhukov @ 2008-12-10  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Sorry, I meant procs, of course. (see thread(2))
See also http://swtch.com/~rsc/thread/

@ 2008-12-10 20:00 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-12-10 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

If somebody wants to put together a test I can run it.

Test is simple: set up 10K ioprocs on plan 9 and have 10K machines
beat at it with http GET requests. Each ioproc is processing the GETs,
but they are communicating via channels to an http server. This is
roughly a model of what stuff like libevent is for.

ron