* Re: [9fans] devtv.c
@ 2002-06-06 13:47 Peter Bosch
From: Peter Bosch @ 2002-06-06 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

devtv.c is ongoing work.  One of the miros is supported and
I'm currently working on the Hauppauge WinTV PVR.

In both cases video just works fine and data can be rendered
in a Plan 9 window.  I'll be posting the user utilities in
due time.

Audio is difficult.  On the miro, the audio signal is simply
patched through to audio out on the back of the back.  On the
PVR, one should be able to DMA audio over the PCI bus, but to
date I have not able to do so.  It appears (and please correct
me if I'm wrong) that the MSP34000 (the audio processor) is not
directly connected to the Bt878 on the card, but instead is
connected to one of the FPGAs on the board -- for instance,
the MSP only works (i.e. has power) when one of the FPGAs is
initialized.  So, I've programmed the MSP to deliver its audio
to the output port on the back as well.

peter.

* Re: [9fans] devtv.c
@ 2002-06-06  4:33 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-06-06  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it looks to me as though Miro and Miro Pro are supported

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2007 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] devtv.c
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:25:16 -0400

is this released in a functional state? if so,
what cards is it known to work with? i know two
cards were posted here a little while ago, and i
remember them to be some Hauppage and STB card.
indeed, the code seems to indicate support for
Hauppage and STB cards. but there's also two
panic()s in the code with text "Cannot deal with
[hauppauge boards|STB cards]", which is not
encouraging. i tried it with one Hauppauge board
i have (i've got a few, but the rest are older
ISA things that i doubt work, and arn't based on
the Bt848), and indeed, the kernel panic'd on
boot with the "Cannot deal with hauppauge boards"
error. is there a board i can use this code with
today, or should i just wait for the hinted-at
future media package?

* [9fans] devtv.c
@ 2002-06-06  1:25 anothy