* [9fans] outside the gsoc2009
@ 2009-04-02 10:39 hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-04-02 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Sadly for me, I found out that I do not qualify as a student (I
thought I did, but I don't).
Anyway, I've seen some interesting ideas for plan 9 and inferno, most
of them out of my reach. But I think some of them are easy enough for
me to try them (hope so!).
So I would like to give it a try to the Instant Messaging filesystem
(IMFS) for plan 9 or a simple game for inferno. It is clear that I
mean to work on one of these things if nobody gets it for the gsoc.
And if someone does get them, I would be interested to work on one
project of low to medium difficulty that is available.
Saludos
--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] outside the gsoc2009
@ 2009-04-02 12:14 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-04-02 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Apr  2 06:41:06 EDT 2009, uair00@gmail.com wrote:
> Sadly for me, I found out that I do not qualify as a student (I
> thought I did, but I don't).
> Anyway, I've seen some interesting ideas for plan 9 and inferno, most
> of them out of my reach. But I think some of them are easy enough for
> me to try them (hope so!).
> So I would like to give it a try to the Instant Messaging filesystem
> (IMFS) for plan 9 or a simple game for inferno. It is clear that I
> mean to work on one of these things if nobody gets it for the gsoc.
> And if someone does get them, I would be interested to work on one
> project of low to medium difficulty that is available.

if you do a server as well, i'd be able to put it to use.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] outside the gsoc2009
@ 2009-04-02 12:53   ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-04-02 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/4/2, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>:
> if you do a server as well, i'd be able to put it to use.

great. Just have to wait for the gsoc results.

--

@ 2009-04-21  8:31     ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-04-21  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Some days ago I expressed my interest in working on the IMFS
implementation on plan 9 and I was waiting to see if someone would
work on it for the gsoc. Apparently no one is going to, so I would
like to work on it. For sure I need someone to guide me all along the
way, is there anyone willing to do so? Any feedback on this subject is
welcome (even negative :-)
Please do not assume that I am going to work as a gsoc student would,
I am planning to progress slowly but steadily.

Saludos
--
Hugo