* [9fans] capturing command output in acme
@ 2015-03-13 15:12 mw
From: mw @ 2015-03-13 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hi

I've been working in acme the last few days, but new to the plan 9 ecosystem e.g. rc. I have a n00b question I can't figure out:

When running cmake in a build directory, I'm losing significant diagnostic output, even when using redirection:

cd $proj/build
cmake ../ >[2=1]

Sometimes, this produces partial output but not the errors, and sometimes it hangs (!). So, I resort to opening an external xterm and running by hand but would prefer to have all the output in an acme window.

can someone point out how this can be done?

thanks,
Marmaduke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-03-13 15:12 UTC | newest]