* [9fans]  troff citations and bibliographies
@ 2010-04-18 22:37 Justin Jackson
From: Justin Jackson @ 2010-04-18 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hope I'm not being a bother, but I was just wondering how some of the
Plan9 troff users out there approach the problem of citations and
bibliographies, since refer(1) seems to have fallen out of favor. My
guess is that users are encouraged to write their own scripts to get
exactly what they want, which I like very much, but I'm just curious
what others have done.

-Justin

* Re: [9fans] troff citations and bibliographies
@ 2010-04-18 22:43 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2010-04-18 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I use a package providing "imprecise citations". You cite like in
[. networks plan 9.]
and it locates a ref containing those words. I don't remember the package name,
I now the program I run is bib and that files use .ref suffixes that
must be indexed
with a program called "invert".

If that's not enough for you to locate the package, let me know and I'll look at
the man page/source to see if what is is.

@ 2010-04-18 23:52 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2010-04-18 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> ...refer(1) seems to have fallen out of favor.

Not at all, I still use it.

contrib/install steve/refer

Thanks to Forsyth for the majority of the work, I just
added a few bits and packaged it.

-Steve