* [9fans] plan9 details
@ 2001-01-02 17:44 Bojan Zdravkovic
From: Bojan Zdravkovic @ 2001-01-02 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello all, its my third time reposting this, I apologize in advance if all
three posts hit at one time.

Is there a document in this plane of existence that details the bootstrap
mechanisms, processor scheduling, interrupt handling, and other internals of
Plan9?
The above, of course, without having to resort to source code examination.

Thank you,

-Bojan

* Re: [9fans] plan9 details
@ 2001-01-02 20:18 ` Eric Dorman
From: Eric Dorman @ 2001-01-02 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Bojan Zdravkovic wrote:
> Is there a document in this plane of existence that details the bootstrap
> mechanisms, processor scheduling, interrupt handling, and other internals of
> Plan9?
> The above, of course, without having to resort to source code examination.

Read 9load(8) and booting(8) in the online manual pages for how the
bootstraps work.  Everything else is is likely only found in the code.
There is apparently a book in German about Plan9 but I've not read it.

> -Bojan

Eric Dorman
edorman@san.rr.com

* Re: [9fans] plan9 details
@ 2001-01-03  0:56 ` paurea
From: paurea @ 2001-01-03  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Bojan Zdravkovic writes:
 > From: Bojan Zdravkovic <bojanz@home.com>
 > Subject: [9fans] plan9 details
 > Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:44:48 GMT
 >
 > Hello all, its my third time reposting this, I apologize in advance if all
 > three posts hit at one time.
 >
 > Is there a document in this plane of existence that details the bootstrap
 > mechanisms, processor scheduling, interrupt handling, and other internals of
 > Plan9?

There is a book commenting all the code of the kernel. Ask
nemo@gsyc.escet.urjc.es for it.

--
                 Saludos,
                         Gorka

"Curiosity sKilled the cat"
--
    /"\
    \ /    ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

* Re: [9fans] plan9 details
@ 2001-01-08 12:30 nemo
From: nemo @ 2001-01-08 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In case any of you is asking the same kind of question too...

You can download a set of notes on the Plan9 kernel from
	http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/~nemo/9.ps.gz (a4)
	http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/~nemo/9.us.ps.gz (us letter)
	http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/~nemo/9.txt.gz (text)

They include  start up and memory management.

Hope this helps

* [9fans] plan9 details
@ 2001-01-02 17:25 Bojan Zdravkovic
From: Bojan Zdravkovic @ 2001-01-02 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello all,

Is there a document in this plane of existence that details the bootstrap
mechanisms, processor scheduling, interrupt handling, and other internals of
Plan9?
The above, of course, without having to resort to source code hacking.

Thank you,

-Bojan